Columbia Agriculture ParkCommercial Playground
Residents of Columbia, Missouri, made a plan in 2015 to revitalize their neighborhood with improved parks and greenspace. Key to the success of this project was establishing a permanent, year-round facility for the thriving Columbia Farmers Market. Four years later, the “Friends of the Farm” partnership unveiled Phase 1 of Columbia Agriculture Park, including a state-of-the-art Farmers Market pavilion with parking and infrastructure, a custom farm themed playground and walking trails for guests to enjoy.
All Inclusive Rec was the exclusive provider for Columbia Agriculture Park from the very beginning of the project’s design through final installation. In keeping with the park’s commitment to local farmers, the playground was designed by Little Tikes Commercial Custom Design Studio to showcase a barnyard theme. Playground guests can enjoy the custom play structure topped with a barn roof, along with chicken coop enclosures, strawberry patch and tractor climbers, and much more!
- 10-acre development project divided into two phases, with Phase 1 made possible through $4.1 million dollars in fundraising
- Custom barnyard playground including a climbing wall, rooster-shaped glider, corn stalk and sunflower climbers and rustic engineered wood fiber flooring
- Shaded seating areas and large covered Farmers Market pavilion
- Inclusively designed with wheelchair-accessible sidewalks
- Location: Columbia, MO
- Partners: Columbia Parks and Recreation, Sustainable Farms and Community, Columbia Farmers Market, Columbia Center for Urban Agriculture
- Timeline: April 2015 to June 2019
- Vendors: Little Tikes Commercial Custom Design Studio
Nothing but compliments on this playground from the community. The kids love it!